Rustic Linen Cabinets –
1. A sense of historic connection resonates with purchasers today. French, English, Tuscan and Spanish properties with stone or stucco walls, tile roofs, iron fixtures, heavy beams and rustic floors are in demand. Old globe styles are in demand.
2. The Craftsman style, constructed in the early 1900’s, is back. Rustic stonework, deep eaves, tapered columns and wide trim, reflect the handmade look over the mass developed.
3. Farmhouses and country homes are sought right after for remodeling and are a supply of suggestions for new houses. Wood windows, straightforward floor plans, regional stone and muted colors connect with nature and earlier times.
4. The retro appear is fashionable, and a excellent fit with trendy mid century modern day furniture types. Younger people are breathing new life into their parent’s ranch styles and split levels from the 1950’s.
5. Urban contemporary is everywhere, with experimental use of space, colour, tile, glass, plastic and metal.
6. The preferred ceiling height is about 9 – 12 feet. Two story ceilings are out. In little rooms these really feel like towers.
7. Lots of floor level adjustments are not desirable. These can cause tripping and are not pleasant to live with.
8. Most buyers these days want at least two living places and four bedrooms. Formal dining rooms are nevertheless in demand. Formal living rooms are often converted to research, libraries, or guest rooms. Media rooms are a sought following function when cost variety allows.
9. The visual and spatial connection between kitchen and family members space is firmly established.
10. Cabinet space is essential for massive televisions and wall space is required for the newer flat screens.
11. 3 vehicle garages are in demand, particularly in locations without basements.
12. Structured wiring is essential today for web, phone, cable and sound. Desk space for computers, fax machines, printers, and so on. is necessary.
13. Good access to the outdoors is a standard design requirement. French doors combine access with light. Sliding glass doors are not as favored.
14. Lots of storage is needed for today’s way of life. People have lots of stuff. Enormous master closets, pantries, laundry rooms, and further storage closets are anticipated.
15. For some folks, extremely spare lofts are best. Simplified spaces are an antidote to today’s complex life-style.
16. Most buyers are savvy about kitchen design and appreciate excellent perform spaces with straightforward access to variety, refrigerator and sink. Lots of counter space, deep drawers, two sinks, nearby extra refrigerator, and butler’s pantries are all desirable characteristics.
17. Stainless appliances are nevertheless in vogue. In urban contemporary designs, white and colored appliances are back. Higher end houses conceal some appliances in cabinetry.
18. Eat-in kitchens, with breakfast bar or space for a small table, are a simple requirement for most purchasers.
19. Antique tables or cabinets are being refurbished and utilized as bath cabinets. Kitchen cabinets that appear like furniture are a great appear.
20. Granite and stone counters are well-liked. However, granite tops added to 1980’s cabinets do not go over well. Contemplate your architectural style just before adding functions. Concrete countertops are perfect for ultra contemporary, but are not a mainstream feature.
21. Built in refrigerators are preferred. Wide, cabinet depth refrigerators have a built-in appear, and are not as pricey as the correct constructed-in variety.
22. Huge rustic stone or ceramic tiles, concrete or wood floors have a warm, functional appeal. Subway tile (3″ x six”) is well-liked in bathrooms and on kitchen backsplashes. Patterned cultured marble and laminate are out. Slippery, white floor tile is out.
23. Generous trim is a much appreciated upgrade. Wide, baseboards (6″+), and door and window trim (4″+) are essential characteristics in old European and American designs.
24. Craftsman style doors function properly with both old and modern appears. These are easy square frames with flat panels. Iron or heavy wood entry doors make strong statements that purchasers adore.
25. Rustic finishes on hardware, such as brushed nickel, oil rubbed bronze, weathered brass, and other non-shiny finishes are the well-known options.
26. Rustic wood beams or wood covered ceilings create a hand crafted, primitive appear that purchasers like.
27. Wrought iron gates, stair rails and light fixtures compliment the rustic style. Stair rails in ultra modern homes might be wire, pipe or painted metal.
28. Front porches and covered patios are usually a powerful selling point. Outside fireplaces are popping up everywhere.
29. Re-claimed wood employed on floors or walls is quite desirable. New wood floors that have been distressed or scraped are valued. A assortment of wood boards with cracks exposed are getting utilized alternatively of traditional wood flooring.
30. Bamboo floors are common, particularly in modern style houses where light colored floors are desired.
31. Concrete floors – often stained and scored are well-liked. These go properly with the modern day appear, and are utilized in Craftsman and rustic European types as well.
32. Colorful laminate floors are a great match with mid-century contemporary. Laminate floors that look like wood are out. Parquet floors are out, unless they are hand crafted.
33. Framed or hung mirrors are preferred, even though plate glass performs in ultra contemporary types. Mirrors utilised on walls or ceilings are a turn off.
34. Colors are in, but soft is the word. Soft greens, yellows, earth tones and creams generate a serene background that functions with all styles. Complicated colors, with a lot more colors in the mix, are a a lot more exciting selection. Deeply saturated colors, such as plums and reds, are used in moderation.
35. Flat paint on walls hides flaws and creates a designer appear. Shiny is out. Soft whites are safe for trim.
36. Faux finishes are out. Typically these do not turn out as nicely as expected, and are difficult to maintain. The exact same (or related) wall colour by means of adjoining spaces creates a a lot more spacious feeling.
37. Historic paint colors such as sage greens, beiges, muted yellows, and grays perform well on the exterior. Bold or harsh colors are a turn-off to most buyers.
38. Wallpaper is problematic and harder to alter than paint. Quite typically it does not match the buyer’s taste. Heavily textured walls and popcorn ceilings are entirely out.
39. Buyers want more windows, all-natural light, and a greater connection with the outdoors. Folks right now are much more discriminating about the high quality of light. Windows on two sides of the area balance the lighting and reduce glare.
40. One light in the middle of the space will not do. Under cabinet job lighting is appreciated. Security lighting is essential. Wall sconces offer you soft ambient lighting. Recessed cans offer area light. Dimmers aid to control the lighting.
41. Light fixtures are a decorative element in all styles. Retro fixtures are interesting decorative characteristics in 1930’s craftsman and 1950’s ranch styles.
42. Clean, contemporary fixtures, such as pendant lights, recessed cans, and wire string lights compliment the urban appear. Industrial metal fixtures are in. The un-decorated appear of metal or stainless steel is being used with modern day and rustic designs.
43. Heavy drapes are out. Light cotton, linen or silk drapes are employed. Or, wood blinds. Or nothing at all. Retro woven wood blinds have made a comeback. Mini blinds are really yesterday.
44. Bath fixtures are finished in rustic bronze, nickel, or chrome. Old style two-handled faucets and farmhouse sinks are in style.
45. Bath sinks might be glass bowls, granite, stone, stainless or classic china. Free of charge standing tubs are in. Pedestal and wall hung lavatories are in. Cultured marble is out.
46. With fuel charges going up, power efficiency is critical. Buyers want higher efficiency AC, great insulation, low-e glass, programmable thermostats, double pane windows, and ceiling fans.
47. Powerful passive solar orientation is a wonderful advantage. It shows a intelligent planning and use of all-natural solar energy. No 1 desires foil on windows or stick-on window film.
48. Immediate hot water is a perk that buyers like, as are drinking water filters.
49. Do remove solar screens when they are not required, such as below patio roofs, porches or shade trees. Light is a lot more in demand than ever.
50. Screened porches are back. They generate a enjoyable, multi objective space that is each indoors and outdoors.